The California Democratic Party’s African-American Caucus – co-sponsored by ECDC – hosted a candidate forum on Saturday, November 4. Below is the list of questions asked:
1) Should the Air Quality Management District have the authority to cap emissions?
2) Do you support the repeal of the Costa-Hawkins Act?
3) Do you support race-based Affirmative Action?
4) Do you support spending $20k in per-pupil funding (for public schools) by the year 2020?
5) The farmworkers were required to pick grapes during the Napa wildfires. What would you do to ease the burden on farmworkers (moderator changed the italicized words to “increase the protections of farmworkers”)?
6) How will you increase housing for low-to-moderate income families in AD 15?
7) What are your top three criminal justice reforms?
8) What would you do to bring a full service hospital to West County?
9) What would you do to prevent sexual harassment in Sacramento?
1) Should private companies be allowed to use prison labor?
2) Should CA ban fracking?
3) Do you support SB 562, the Healthy Californians Act (single payer health care bill)?
(Not lighting round)
1) Johannes Mehserle (BART police officer) killed Oscar Grant (African-American Oakland resident) in the Bay Area. What would you do to end extrajudicial killing by police officers?
2) How would you change the authorization process for charter schools?
Wondering about the candidates’ answers to these questions? Then come to the ECDC AD 15 candidate forum on February 27! Save the date!