by Arlin Robins
Regular Club Meeting
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Zion Presbyterian Church
545 Ashbury Ave
Our guest will be Miranda Dietz, who will discuss Minimum Wage.
Miranda Dietz is a researcher at the University of California Berkeley Labor Center. She is co-editor of When Mandates Work: Raising Labor Standards at the Local Level along with Michael Reich and Ken Jacobs. She has written on local enforcement of labor standards, low-wage airport workers, and temporary workers in California. In addition to research on low-wage workers, Miranda focuses on health care and health reform in California. She is involved in the California Simulation of Insurance Markets microsimulation model (CalSIM). Her analysis has focused on churn in and out of insurance coverage and on the remaining uninsured in California. Miranda received a Masters in Public Policy from UC Berkeley in 2012, and Bachelors in Government from Harvard University.
We will have a second presenter from Evolve who will speak on their latest campaign on modifying Prop 13. The new campaign is called “Make It Fair”.
Other items on the May 26 meeting agenda:
- Resolution Supporting National Day of Action – Medicare
- Discussion and approval of clarification/changes in By-Laws section regarding Member in Good Standing – ECDC membership and membership dues.
- Please restrict comments to the specific subject under discussion. This will allow us to keep focus and complete each section of the By-Laws, as they are brought before the membership.
- Request for committee volunteers: Contact will be Carla Hanson for all committees.
- 4th of July Committee – to man ECDC Booth at EC 4th Festival –Carla Hansen heading
- Bar-B-Que Committee for August meeting. Nick Arzio heading
- Other committees as time permits.