Upcoming regular Membership Meeting will be held on September 25, 2018 at the Presbyterian Church at 545 Ashbury Ave, El Cerrito 94530. Meeting will start at 6:30 pm.
- 6:00 Doors Open: Pizza available ($5)
- 6:30 Call to Order
- 6:35 Minutes from August 28, 2018
- 6:40 Treasurer’s Report
- 6:45 October 20 Dinner – Mark your calendar and sign up
- 6:50 Fall Precinct Walking Volunteers – sign up to assemble and to walk
- 6:55 Announcements
7:10 Matt Duffy, Superintendent West Contra Costa Unified School District
Superintendent Matt Duffy will present an overview of the West Contra Costa Unified School District and the many challenges that face the district going into the new school year, including limited budgets, security concerns, curriculum, discipline issues, and the ongoing issues involving Charter vs. public schools.
Duffy spent nine years in the Oakland Unified School District serving as a principal and an area superintendent. As an area superintendent, he oversaw a portfolio of 15 schools including middle and high schools throughout the city. Before coming to WCCUSD in 2016 Duffy served as the Assistant Superintendent in Milpitas Unified where he was in charge of teaching and learning, leadership, enrollment, technology, Special Education, and LCAP development. Superintendent Duffy is the ninth permanent superintendent in WCCUSD history. He lives in Oakland with his wife Tamara and their three kids.
7:40 ECDC Endorsement Panel: AC Transit Director at Large
The two candidates for AC Transit Director at Large will make their case before members for an ECDC endorsement, with a vote to follow.
- Dollene Jones is Co-Founder and CEO of Abundance Worldwide Enterprises and was an AC Transit bus operator for more than 21 years.
- Joel Young is the incumbent AC Transit Director at Large and is an attorney.
8:10 CA Proposition Endorsements
At Last month’s ECDC meeting members voted to discuss, and possibly take positions on, the following four state propositions on the November ballot:
- Proposition 3 (Water Bond)
- Proposition 5 (Property Tax Assessment Changes)
- Proposition 7 (Daylight Savings Time Repeal)
- Proposition 10 (Rent Control Ban Repeal)