The 2018 ECDC endorsement process for the 2018 election will continue through the next two meetings scheduled in August — and possibly include the September meeting. Members are encouraged to come hear participating candidates and vote for those they wish to be endorsed by ECDC.
These events encourage candidates and ballot measures to present their case for endorsement and to answer specific questions created by the ECDC Executive Board. All local Democrats are welcome and encouraged to attend. Only eligible ECDC members, according to bylaws and standing rules, will be able to vote at these events for endorsement. Other clubs will do their endorsement voting at their own meetings at a subsequent date.
Revised August 2018 Agenda
SPECIAL ENDORSEMENT MEETING of Candidates – August 25, 2018
Where: El Cerrito High School Cafeteria, 540 Ashbury Ave, El Cerrito, CA.
Voting Begins at 11 AM and ends at 4 PM.
Club members will vote to endorse according to our endorsement rules. A candidate must receive 60% of the vote (voting members who attend) to receive the Club’s endorsement. If no candidate receives 60% of the vote, then there will be no endorsement. Only members in good standing for 45 days prior to the endorsement forum may vote, and the ECDC may only endorse Democrats in any race whether partisan or non-partisan.
- 10 AM Doors Open and set up begins: Bagels, cream cheese, coffee, and OJ will be provided by DPCCC and Janet Abelson
- 11 AM Call to Order, Voting Begins, Speakers Begins
For each of the listed contests, there will be opening candidate statements, responses to specific questions, and closing candidate remarks.
- 11AM John Marquez – Contra Costa County Community College District Board of Trustees
- 11:15 – 12:15 Assembly 15 candidates Buffy Wicks and Jovanka Beckels
- 12:30 – 1:00 Lt. Governor candidates Ed Hernandez and Elani Kounalakis
- 1:00 – 1:30 Contra Costa County Superintendent of Schools candidate Lynn Mackey
- 1:30 – 2:00 AC Transit At-Large Board of Directors candidate Joel Young
- 2:00 – 2:30 El Cerrito City Council candidates Gabe Quinto and Janet Abelson
- 2:30 – 4:00 West County Unified School District Board of Education Candidates:
- Anthony Caro
- Carlos Toabada
- Consuelo Lara
- Madeline Kronenberg
- Tiffany Grimsley
- 4 PM Voting Ends and clean up begins. Election Judge will complete tallying of ECDC ballots and announce results
- 5 PM Event ends. Vacate the space